A warm Hoosier Welcome

It has been a while since this Hoosier gal has posted anything. Am trying to get back in the groove . Will be posted sewing, decorating and crafting tips. I like frugality, using what you have in your present stash.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

END OF SUMMER

Can you believe it is the last week of Summer ? My oh my where has the time flown too??
As you can see it has been well over a month since I last added to my blog. So many things happening, and then grabbing the special moments in life.....well.....time has flown by !
As you can see by my latest photos....us artists at Etsy have already been thinking about Fall Harvest and Christmas. We have been busy making up different challenges that are showcased on Etsy. These are a couple of my Harvest Items. It is always so much fun to have ideas and colors floating in ones head, then to take that to canvas or fabric is thrilling.
Of course Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year. The many years living away from Indiana, my heart pined for the Seasonal Changes. There is just nothing like the different seasons. Each season makes you appreciate the next one.
The many years living in Saudi Arabia brought about a hunger to return to the northern part of USA, then alas, my ex-husband's company took us to Florida. Now, I truely believe that each State is so unique , but....please, seasonal changes in Florida??? Give me a break. Yes, there is a "slight" change during winter, but not enough for me.
There is something about being cozy in a warm home, nestled up on a sofa and reading a good book, or as with me...sitting in my studio with the sewing machine humming away or paint brush a-flying, and looking out the windows to see the snow flying. Hmmm.
So...this time of year has me yearning for the cooler weather - leaves changing - the Harvest colors in decorating.
Also, am getting ready for the Quilt Retreat in October at our church camp. Us ladies go for a long weekend and have so much fun, eating, sewing, gabbing and very little sleep for some of us. Will post some pixs after that event.
Just blink....and look......the Harvest time is here - cool weather and brisk intakes of air - the smell of burning fireplaces - pink cheeks - and beautiful leaves in an array of colors !

No comments:

Quilt Banner

Quilt Banner
Antique Quilt